While 2016 was a horrible year for love in Hollywood, thankfully this year is looking a whole lot better thanks to a handful of celebrity couples. From PDA-filled red carpet appearances to romantic getaways to cute date nights, stars have not been shy about flaunting their love for each other this year.
By now, Gal Gadot has become synonymous with Wonder Woman, so isn’t it time that we learned to properly pronounce her name? We think so. Gal’s first name is pretty much pronounced how it’s written (think «gal pal»). You’ve also probably found yourself pronouncing her last name as «Guh-dough» or «Gah-dot» thinking you’ve got it all down, but sorry to disappoint you: both of those are wrong. As it turns out, Gal actually set the record straight when she stopped by Jimmy Kimmel Live back in March 2016 (yes, over a year ago!). During her interview with Jimmy Kimmel, Gal explained that the correct way to pronounce her last name is «Gah-dote.» Say it with me: «Gah-dote.» Gadot means river bank, while Gal means wave in Israeli.
During her stop, Gal also revealed that her last name isn’t really Gadot, but actually Greenstein. Her parents changed it to Gadot to give it more umph. Now that we’ve finally got that out of the way, please carry on.
Troy Aikman, fresh off his engagement to fiancee Capa Mooty, is off on another vacation, this time to the British Virgin Islands as he gets some rest in before the NFL broadcasting grind starts in August with the Fox preseason games where Troy & Joe work a Thursday, then maybe a Sunday before the real action starts after Labor Day.
It was June 2 when Troy popped the question to Capa on Lake Como.
The relationship had been fairly buttoned up on IG before the rock hit the finger. Now Troy’s showing off his fiancee by going back-to-back Capa bikini shots. This has to be a case of where a guy finds that perfect rebound wife where she’s hot, still in shape for her age and Troy’s kids are off at summer camp. Time to show off a little. And you can’t blame the guy. He’s always photographed out running the streets of his rich Dallas neighborhood just shedding any spare ounce of fat that he can find on his chiseled frame.
Of course Capa’s going to be in shape. The Internet wiki-esque sites claim Capa is 46. This is going to blow your mind: Aikman turns 51 in November.
Sports Gossip, Sexy WAGs, NFL and Hot Cheerleaders: BustedCoverage
When the Duchess of Cambridge isn’t running after Prince George and Princess Charlotte, enjoying a quiet night in with Prince William, or catching up with her family, who does she choose to spend her time with? So much of her life is up for public consumption, but her friends are usually kept firmly out of the spotlight. Glossier than the posters in a hair salon window, more fiercely protective than big cats with cubs, and more interwoven than 1,000-thread-count Egyptian cotton — we bring you the lowdown on Kate’s top-secret friendship group.
Image Source: Getty / Chris Jackson
Prince Harry has been opening up more and more in recent years about the tragic loss of his mother, Princess Diana, when he was just 12 years old. Both Harry and his brother, Prince William, have shared sweet stories about their late mother and expressed an unending commitment to carrying on her accessible lifestyle and philanthropic legacy.
In a revealing interview with Newsweek Harry divulged a handful of details about his life as a royal and the future of the British monarchy; he basically made it clear that he often wishes he wasn’t a prince at all, and that there isn’t «any one of the royal family who wants to be king or queen.» We also got some insight into his relationship with Kate Middleton, who he considers «the big sister he never had.» Read on for more interesting tidbits from Harry’s latest interview.
- He still gets overwhelmed when thinking about Diana’s funeral. Harry readily admitted that his role in the public funeral — he and William walked solemnly behind Diana’s horse-drawn casket with their father, grandfather, and uncle, Earl Spencer — was incredibly uncomfortable. «My mother had just died, and I had to walk a long way behind her coffin, surrounded by thousands of people watching me while millions more did on television.» he said, his face hardening. «I don’t think any child should be asked to do that, under any circumstances. I don’t think it would happen today.»
- He acted out after Diana’s death and was «very close» to breaking down. Harry admitted to being «scarred» by his mother’s death, which led to drinking, smoking, and some unsavory public incidents — but he eventually did some soul-searching. «I needed to fix the mistakes I was making,» he said, admitting that bottling up his grief led to years of «total chaos» and that he was «very close» to a breakdown several times.
- Prince William encouraged him to seek counseling. When he was 28, Harry sought professional help for his anxiety and grief on the advice of his older brother. «My mother died when I was very young. I didn’t want to be in the position I was in, but I eventually pulled my head out of the sand, started listening to people and decided to use my role for good,» Harry said. «I am now fired up and energized and love charity stuff, meeting people, and making them laugh.»
- His time in Afghanistan helped him cope with Diana’s passing. «Being in the army was the best escape I’ve ever had. I felt as though I was really achieving something,» he said. «I also felt I was one of the lads and could forget I was Prince Harry when I was with them.»
- His royal title wears on him. «I sometimes still feel I am living in a goldfish bowl, but I now manage it better,» Harry said. The 32-year-old also told his interviewer several times that he often longs to be «something other than Prince Harry.»
- But don’t worry . . . he’s still kind of a bad boy. «I still have a naughty streak too, which I enjoy and is how I relate to those individuals who have got themselves into trouble,» Harry said.
- He is appreciative of the relatively normal upbringing his mother gave him. «My mother took a huge part in showing me an ordinary life, including taking me and my brother to see homeless people,» Harry explained, adding, «Thank goodness I’m not completely cut off from reality. People would be amazed by the ordinary life William and I live.»
- He does his own shopping, and has no plans to stop. «Sometimes, when I come away from the meat counter in my local supermarket, I worry someone will snap me with their phone,» he admitted. «But I am determined to have a relatively normal life, and if I am lucky enough to have children, they can have one too.» He paused, then added, «Even if I was king, I would do my own shopping.»
Image Source: Getty / Julian Parker
- He believes in moving with the times, but also in preserving the «magic» of the monarchy. «It’s a tricky balancing act,» he said. «We don’t want to dilute the magic. The British public and the whole world need institutions like it.» He went on: «The monarchy is a force for good, and we want to carry on the positive atmosphere that the queen has achieved for over 60 years . . . but we won’t be trying to fill her boots.»
- Nobody in the royal family actually wants to take the throne. «We are involved in modernizing the British monarchy,» Harry said. «We are not doing this for ourselves but for the greater good of the people . . . Is there any one of the royal family who wants to be king or queen? I don’t think so, but we will carry out our duties at the right time.»
- He is dedicated to picking up where his mother left off. «I intuitively know what my mother would like me to do and want to progress with work she couldn’t complete,» Harry said of his extensive charity work with HIV/AIDS. Of Diana, he continued: «She had the most wonderful sense of humor and always wanted to make things fun for us, as well as protect us.»
- Kate Middleton has helped him cope with the loss of his mother. Harry considers Kate «the big sister he never had,» and often makes visits to her and William’s Kensington Palace apartment for meals — roast chicken is a favorite.
- He and William have very different personalities. A source close to the brothers revealed that they are «very unalike emotionally.» While William is «introverted and reclusive,» Harry is far more outgoing. «William was more successful academically, but when it comes to dealing with people, Harry knocks the spots off both him and Kate, especially with children,» the source added. «Harry is passionate about them and is a natural, which neither William nor Kate are.»
- He’s not in a rush to get married. Harry has been dating American actress Meghan Markle for over a year, but according to a source close to the prince, he’s not in a hurry to «get things done» (the royal term for proposing marriage). «They obviously get on very well and have a lot in common, but they have not known each other that long,» the source said. «They need to find out if they can have an ordinary relationship within a very unusual setting. I don’t think anything will happen until the end of the year.»
- But he is in a rush to «make something» of his life. «I feel there is just a smallish window when people are interested in me before [Prince George and Princess Charlotte] take over, and I’ve got to make the most of it.»
Robert Griffin may be unemployed for the upcoming NFL season, but he still has plenty going on in his life: dude just got engaged and his fiancee is giving birth to his second kid this month — not to mention ongoing divorce drama with Rebecca Liddicoat. Busy times, indeed!
It was only a matter of time
With so much drama surrounding him, it only makes sense that RG3 hit us with a #TBT of Grete assisting him on an alley oop back in Estonia:
If only a solid vertical leap mattered at the quarterback position.
Don’t worry, Baylor fans — your boy is still grinding.
Sports Gossip, Sexy WAGs, NFL and Hot Cheerleaders: BustedCoverage
Eniko Parrish and Kevin Hart are getting in some R&R before the arrival of their little boy. The expectant parents enjoyed a tropical getaway in Hawaii on Tuesday. Aside from sharing a family photo with his 12-year-old daughter Heaven and 9-year-old son Hendrix, whom he shares with ex Torrei Hart, the comedian also posted a sweet couple photo with his wife, Eniko. While Kevin showed off his fit physique in maroon swim shorts, the mom-to-be gave us a sweet glimpse of her growing baby bump as she rocked a red bikini.
Theme parties are “fun” if you like riding public transportation dressed like a flapper in April. Theme weddings with strict dress codes requiring costume rentals are less so. Brides, please: Do not make your guests rent costumes for your wedding.
If you’re a young millennial, then you’re probably familiar with a little show called Drake & Josh. The iconic Dan Schneider sitcom starred Drake Bell and Josh Peck and was basically a pivotal part of our teenage years (you know, way before the days of The Suite Life of Zack and Cody). While the two actors had a real-life bromance during their Nickelodeon days, it seems like their friendship isn’t as strong as it used to be.
After Josh tied the knot with his girlfriend, Paige O’Brien, this month, Drake threw some major shade on social media after not getting an invite. «Loyalty is key,» he wrote in a comment that has since been deleted. «ALWAYS remember where you came from.» While Josh was reportedly «hurt» by the comments, it was just as big of a blow for their dedicated fans. Even though they’re not really on speaking terms right now, we can still look back on the good ole days and hope that they’ll find a way, find a way to be friends again.